Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:

Hi Guys n Dolls

I have just done my first outside run, pounding the pavement :d (since school anyway)

I had my ipod on and just went for it.

Just doing 1 minute of running and 2 of walking x 6 plus 6 minutes of warm up, warm down at beginning and end.

I am BUZZING!!!

It is SO much better than running on a treadmill, the difference is amazing.

Its quite cold in the good old North East at the moment, but I never felt it after a couple of minutes.

Heres to more running

Cheers

The Minx

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
So Minxie not only will you be slimmer and sexier with your new regime, you'll also be windswept and interesting.

It really is exhilerating!!!

well done from a positively balmy WALES;) :p :d

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well done littleminxie! I think lots of us start off on treadmills for whatever reason (in mine embarrassment! :embarrassed: ) but running outside is SOOOO much more fun.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well done littleminxie

I have been using the treadmill and enjoy it but I will give running outside a go soon.

Time can be limited for me so I combine the treadmill at the gym with my weights workout.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It gives me hope:cool:

Dean

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright Cheriton

Show off with your barmy weather!!!

Its nice Wales actually (a bet your suprised to hear that)

The only time I have been to Wales I went to Llanrwst (in the Conwy Valley) camping. We had a week of glorious sunshine. It was like being abroad.

I wonder how long you'd last on the North East coast, eh Cheriton??

The Minx

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Phew !! Minxie it's so warm down here even the sheep have traded in their wooly jumpers for wicking tops .

There were a couple while out on my run this evening with lovely eyes ,they looked quite alluring .it's a good job i didn't have on a pair of those lycra jobs off ebay

As for lasting on the n e coast any sheep up there ?

Footnote to self must get out more !!!!!!! immediately.

·
Registered
78 Posts
littleminxie said:
It is SO much better than running on a treadmill, the difference is amazing.

Its quite cold in the good old North East at the moment, but I never felt it after a couple of minutes.
I caught a bit of radio Newcastle and I think it was Steve Cram who was advising Mike Parr to run outside because the treadmill "pulls your legs through" and doesn't exercise your biggest muscle, the gluteus maximus (or "Bum").

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well Done:)

I have, like yourself only just made the transition from treadmill to the great outdoors and I think its fantastic.

Keep it up:)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nice one... it just takes the one bite... then you're addicted forever...MUWAHAHAHAHAHA.... ;) (I can think of much worse things to be addicted to/obsessed with).

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
srhfan said:
Well Done:)

I have, like yourself only just made the transition from treadmill to the great outdoors and I think its fantastic.

Keep it up:)
Thats really good to hear shrfan it's great that you got out

How did it go ?

DID YOU RUN WITH YOUR BROTHER IN LAW ?
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN OUT ?

AND DID YOU ENJOY IT?:d

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Bottom

Thanks for that Thumbs

I would like my reduce the size of my 'derier' so its good to know that.

I will still be going to the gym regularly, 1. because I am paying for it and 2. because I like using the cross trainer and the recumbant bikes, and I get to check out any fit guys (if there are any in at the time) :p

Hey, theres nothing wrong with looking!! :embarrassed:

But I will still try to get out 'on the road' as it were as I am going to enjoy this much more than running on the treadmill.

·
Registered
707 Posts
As it is, I go to the gym 2-3 times a week, and run outdoors twice a week. This is good at the moment because it's dark by the time I manage to escape the lab. Plus yeah, it's good to cross-train (and check out fit guys, but annoyingly my gym is lacking in that department). PLUS I use the treadmill to do my tempo runs, just because it's easier to calculate and keep a pace up, so if you set it on a gradient, it's not soooo bad. Also, I get free yoga and pilates classes, so they're handy (and use of the sauna and swimming pool which is cool for chilling out).

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
littleminxie said:
Thanks for that Thumbs

I would like my reduce the size of my 'derier' so its good to know that.

I will still be going to the gym regularly, 1. because I am paying for it and 2. because I like using the cross trainer and the recumbant bikes, and I get to check out any fit guys (if there are any in at the time) :p

Hey, theres nothing wrong with looking!! :embarrassed:

But I will still try to get out 'on the road' as it were as I am going to enjoy this much more than running on the treadmill.
Nothing wrong with window shopping as long as you don't handle the goods minxie!!

:p ;) :d

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Cheriton,

Its really good to hear from you and your positive comments.

Things are going really well, yes I have started running with my Brother In Law and he is being really patient with me.

He is also helping me to achieve my target, hopefully i will be doing the race 4 life in may.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts