Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did one of the 10k series on Clapham Common, my first 10k ever. I've been doing 5k practice runs, and I've only even run 7k twice in my life, so 3k more than ever before!!

Clocked in at 51.35, absolutely delighted. Did the first 5k in my pb for 5k (I presume not a good tactic for a 10k!!). Feel great, feet sore and blistered.

Thanks everyone on here - I've been mostly lurking for a while, and it's been a good read to encourage me.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Lol, I just did my 4th or 5th 10k and your opening time was better than mine :worried:

Well done though, a great time for your first outing - you'll be sub 50 in no time and who knows then! :d

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
that's a great time for a first attempt - well done! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been running for about 4 months, but mostly only 5k runs. Started with my wife after she had our third kid. I'm an OK squash player, so my base level of fitness is OK.

But, I've been doing 2 5k runs a week (tops), so I'm sure I could improve my times. However, 5k suits the type of fitness I need for squash, so I might concentrate on that.

However I loved running the 10k, and there seem to be loads of races in South London...

·
Registered
131 Posts
well done mate. one of my goals for 2009 will be to get my 10k PB down to something like your time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts