Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive me writing this on my mobile but the old man has pinched the lappy. I began running well plodding just under 4 weeks ago properly with no injury. Until tonight I could only manage 10 mins Max non stop running before collapsing. Tonight I managed 22.30 mins :)

I got soaked, it was cold but I LOVED IT and could have ran a bit further too. Sorry I know most of you run for much longer distances/time but this is a big achievement for me.

Nat

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
We all know what an incredible feeling it can be to exceed your own expectations, so I'll give you my biggest "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" but I know it can't make than feeling of elation any better than it already is! :d

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Nat! You are back on form. Doesn't matter whether it is 100 yards or 100 miles, it is an achievement to be proud of.

Now, don't go getting carried away or you will end up injured again. Keep the same target for a week before doing more and remember to take as many recovery days as you need.

How are your new trainers by the way, as last I remembered you were taking them to bed for a cuddle but not actually running in them much :p

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Brilliant Nat.

You`ve every reason to to be as proud as you like.

Great effort.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys and gals.

Still feeling proud of my efforts and the drive to do more is shouting down my ear. I will however take Hrun's advice and stick with this for a week. Going out friday and sunday and see how that goes. Worked out that I did 2.28 miles so pleased with that too.

Not too stiff this morning which is suprising although I;m better at stretching these days and have just walked 4 miles with the dog.

Lost 4lb in weight in a week too :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hrun said:
How are your new trainers by the way, as last I remembered you were taking them to bed for a cuddle but not actually running in them much :p
Whilst injured I used them for my walking to wear them in and now they are going great. left knee slightly twingy this morning but after a good walk it has eased up.

Will putting them in the washing machine do them any harm? They are rather muddy :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
use either no detergent or at worst a non-bio detergent, and put them on the lowest temperature cycle possible... then let them dry naturally (NO TUMBLE DRYING!)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Please forgive me writing this on my mobile but the old man has pinched the lappy. I began running well plodding just under 4 weeks ago properly with no injury. Until tonight I could only manage 10 mins Max non stop running before collapsing. Tonight I managed 22.30 mins :)

I got soaked, it was cold but I LOVED IT and could have ran a bit further too. Sorry I know most of you run for much longer distances/time but this is a big achievement for me.

Nat
Running is personal.... you set your own goals... Well done!

I love to read hear about people just getting out and doing it.... whether its 10mins or 10 miles.... if it makes you smile and achieve something its worth doing it.... :cool:

Cool one!

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's fantastic and well done!, the first time I managed 30 minutes non stop I cried as I couldn't believe it, that was 6 years ago and I've come a long way since then, be proud of yourself, it's 20 minutes more than 99% of the population ever do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts