Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am Amanda 46 years old, mother of 4 girls. I run to keep in shape and to keep weight in check ( running seems to enable me to eat chocolate and cakes without too much damage!) I have been running regularily about 18 months, I aim to go out about 4 times aweek and run between 3 and 10 miles depending on time available. I mainly run on the country lanes in my village(lots of steep hills)but also go off road on the footpaths across fields and through woods etc when not too muddy. I don't mind getting muddy just scared of slipping over! I look forward to talking to some likeminded folk!:)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hi Solesister,

Welcome to the forum, I like the reasoning about the chocolate and cakes !! :d

Running 4 times a week with 4 girls is an impressive feat in itself :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Welcome Solesister.

Bet the running is away of getting away from it all...I mean 4 girls must drive you mad!!

BTW...beware mentioning chocolate here!!

All the best.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi

Welcome to RF.

You certainly don't hang around do you, ha ha.

Are you interested in doing any races?

TT :d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Steve said:
Welcome Solesister.

Bet the running is away of getting away from it all...I mean 4 girls must drive you mad!!

BTW...beware mentioning chocolate here!!

All the best.
SOME ONE MENTIONED THE C WORD Were are the moderators when you need them!

.........Aahh i know their eating chocolate and cakes. HMM ! That can only mean one thing, it must ,yes it must be someones birthday soon .

·
Registered
93 Posts
4 Girls, I have 5 children 3 girls and 2 boys, I am 45 and my children are all grown up so now its my time. That is why I took up running it is something I always wanted to do. Your running routine sounds good, I cant wait until I can run more like that. I am new to running and been following a run/walk program. Its a ten week programme and on week eight. This week my legs feel quite heavy and I can feel muscles kicking in that I didn't know that I had, so it must be doing me some good. That is just running for three minutes at a time, at the moment, and i do get quite tired doing it. Someone said not to run too fast, but I think if I ran any slower I would be walking. I really cant wait until I can just get out there and run, without having these walk breaks, one day soon hopefully :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Karen Edmunds said:
4 Girls, I have 5 children 3 girls and 2 boys, I am 45 and my children are all grown up so now its my time. That is why I took up running it is something I always wanted to do. Your running routine sounds good, I cant wait until I can run more like that. I am new to running and been following a run/walk program. Its a ten week programme and on week eight. This week my legs feel quite heavy and I can feel muscles kicking in that I didn't know that I had, so it must be doing me some good. That is just running for three minutes at a time, at the moment, and i do get quite tired doing it. Someone said not to run too fast, but I think if I ran any slower I would be walking. I really cant wait until I can just get out there and run, without having these walk breaks, one day soon hopefully :d

Stick with it Karen, you will be doing the same soon, you are doing great :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts