Runners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody had any experience of the karimor d30 running shoes? i think i may have rushed into buying my first pair of shoes,went sports direct and was surprised at ltd choice asked for advice and was convinced by a member of staff that karimor d30 was the new in thing but after 7 weeks and not too many miles they feel like running in clogs. :|

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I wouldn't trust Karrimor for footwear since they were taken over by Sports Direct. They were once a decent brand (at least for walking boots - mine have done about 800 miles)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i went into blind tbh im returning after 18 yrs out, my last shoes were nike air 180 lol i think they will be ok for now until i build my mileage up but will have to bite the bullet eventually and by something tried and tested,they wernt cheap at £80.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have just got some new trainers from sweat shop and I cannot fault then. Did all the testing etc and picked a pair of Adidas after they recommended a few pair. They were cheaper too.

I am sure your karrimor will be fine to build up some mileage tho. As long as they are not giving you leg pains etc

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just got some new trainers from sweat shop and I cannot fault then. Did all the testing etc and picked a pair of Adidas after they recommended a few pair. They were cheaper too.

I am sure your karrimor will be fine to build up some mileage tho. As long as they are not giving you leg pains etc
no to be fair ive had no issues injury wise they just feel so harsh,im still building my miles up so will see how they go for now.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I wouldn't trust Karrimor for footwear since they were taken over by Sports Direct.
Fully agree.

I have a few Karrimor shirts which I bought using a gift card my father bought me for Christmas and they have been fine. But anything beyond that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole - especially something as important to running as your shoes.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I got a pair of Karrimor Pace for £20 when I started c25k. They were ok for me. I didn't want to fork out for shoes that I might not wear!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fully agree.

I have a few Karrimor shirts which I bought using a gift card my father bought me for Christmas and they have been fine. But anything beyond that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole - especially something as important to running as your shoes.
well its a lesson learned for me stick with the better known brands ill have to invest in new ones next month. my wifes just had some skechers go run and is over the moon with them.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
well its a lesson learned for me stick with the better known brands ill have to invest in new ones next month. my wifes just had some skechers go run and is over the moon with them.
+1 I've got some Go Run 3's and they're lovely. Weren't too expensive either.
I had no idea that Skechers made running shoes, but they're spot on for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 I've got some Go Run 3's and they're lovely. Weren't too expensive either.
I had no idea that Skechers made running shoes, but they're spot on for me.
we didnt andy,my wife walks our dog for miles and uses sketchers go walk then with her last ones there was a leaflet advertising running shoes so she ordered some, i was reluctant after the karrimor experience thinking best sticking to nike etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well went to Bourne sports yesterday & got fitted up with some new shoes & took my new Adidas boost out for a spin last night and felt the difference straight away, the karrimors are the most expensive work shoes ive ever had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I am starting out running (can run .5-.75 of a mile without stopping) but every time I wear super cushiony shoes after .25 of a mile my knees start to hurt, but whenever I run in non-cushiony shoes (actually under armor sandles/shower shoes I can run no problem, no pain. I'm wondering if that is normal or is really weird. I went to a RoadRunnerSports and in the step video, they took, the inside of my feet land before the rest of my foot if that helps at all. Should I continue to run with the noncushiony shoes, run with the cushiony shoes, or what? I'm not sure what to do and don't want to hurt myself as I progress to my running goals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello! I am starting out running (can run .5-.75 of a mile without stopping) but every time I wear super cushiony shoes after .25 of a mile my knees start to hurt, but whenever I run in non-cushiony shoes (actually under armor sandles/shower shoes I can run no problem, no pain. I'm wondering if that is normal or is really weird. I went to a RoadRunnerSports and in the step video, they took, the inside of my feet land before the rest of my foot if that helps at all. Should I continue to run with the noncushiony shoes, run with the cushiony shoes, or what? I'm not sure what to do and don't want to hurt myself as I progress to my running goals.
no response

1 - 14 of 14 Posts