Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I started to stretch my legs more when the shin splits started.

Also, my mum bought me a bottle of methyl salicylate linament - I usually apply it to my shins the night before and the morning of a long run. It made a massive difference.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
It all depends how bad they are - I get mine assessed every now and then to make sure I've not got a stress fracture. You need to ice them regularly particularly after runs to stop the inflammation building up.

Do you know what the underlying cause it - have yu ever seen a professional about it?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I've had them very recently so could not say for sure that they have gone for good, but I'l been shinspilnt for a few months now. Mine were due to having high arches and weak ankles that basically collapsed on impact, got some things that went inside the shoe to slightly raise the hell and these 'touchwood' have sorted me out.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried once a chiropodist who didn't even know about shin-splint. Before I used to run with normal trainer on the tarmac . My running technique used to be awful.

Having a long rest - more than three days seems to be very helping: today, I had an easy run with no pain.

I have a feeling I am going to be fine in the future :d

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts