Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone keep a diary/record of the runs/workouts.

I bought a cheap diary to use and on the days I workout/run I write down any thoughts on how I think it went as well as:

Pace
Length of Workout
Average/Max Heartrate
Distance

I find its nice to look back on and see how I am improving and I've also got a record of what I have been doing so its easy to tweak my workout to push myself a little harder.

What do you think? :cool:

The Minx

·
Registered
707 Posts
I think most runners keep some sort of log.

I personally use an online calender on mapmyrun.com to keep a track of all my runs/workouts. I like that I can look at a glance at what mileage I've done in a week/month/whatever, and in a way it's good motivation to look at the monthly calender. It's really disappointing to see days missing where they're filled up in all the other weeks. It's also got a shoe-tracker thing on it, so I'll know roughly when I should replace them.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Yeah, I've kept a diary of some sort or another since 1979: though as I've said on previous posts on the same subject, I'd probably use a computerized version if I was starting to keep a log nowadays. The handwritten logs are nice to look back on though. :)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had been out of training for a while and found that motivation was a problem. A great program I found was Vidaone diet and fitness. You can find it with google. ( I can't post links to other sites here)

It's a great program. Admittedly it's not free, but it does also have the option to sync to a PDA with Windows mobile. Also it has loads of stuff already in it to help you. I can go to the gym, record exactly what I do on my PDA then when I get home it's all uploaded to my PC. Even if you don't have a PDA it's still a great tool and fun to use. Hope this is of some use.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
mookster said:
I had been out of training for a while and found that motivation was a problem. A great program I found was Vidaone diet and fitness. You can find it with google. ( I can't post links to other sites here)
If you just key in the full address of the link you're referring to, it should automatically register itself as a link... That's what I've found so far, anyway.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the training blog attached to this forum. It seems to cover most of the requirements mentioned on this thread

·
Registered
835 Posts
pedestrian said:
If you just key in the full address of the link you're referring to, it should automatically register itself as a link... That's what I've found so far, anyway.
mookster hasn't reached the required number of posts to enable links to be pasted. (It's 15 posts I think)

Anyway here's the link

A

·
0 Posts
scr8pe said:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the training blog attached to this forum. It seems to cover most of the requirements mentioned on this thread
I'm starting to keep a log now I'm looking at getting back to some sort of form. I'm using the one on this site and I've made it public should anybody be interested...

A. :)

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Yeah the new forum feature 'mileage counter' has certainly enticed me to update my blog which I'd NEVER done before.

I also use the software that came with my Garmin Forerunner 305 - though that doesn;t record emotions and thoughts, purely from a statistical point of view - I love it :d

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
I also use the software that came with my Garmin Forerunner 305 - though that doesn;t record emotions and thoughts, purely from a statistical point of view - I love it :d
You haven't switched on the emotion recorder yet? I'll bet you haven't even tried out the anti-dog laser death ray. Read the darned manual!! :p

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Katten said:
You haven't switched on the emotion recorder yet? I'll bet you haven't even tried out the anti-dog laser death ray. Read the darned manual!! :p

If the "Anti-dog-laser-death-ray" did exist; believe me, I'd have one on both wrists! ;)

... What? There is such a device? :eek: Where's me wallet!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts