Runners Forum banner

Keeping the ipod dry?

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  WindsweptEmma 
#1 ·
With all the rain around at the moment, I've learnt to enjoy running in the rain, however this does put the ipod at risk to water penetration. Does anyone have any tips on keeping this dry without spending anymore money?

#4 ·
Thanks for the sandwich bag tip, seems obvious now :)

I think it's a nano, but having been given it as a gift that I didn't really want (at the time, love it now) I've never really paid much attention to it. It's about 4" high X 1 1/2 "wide with a small screen at the top.

I've had the earphones go through the wash a few times but not the ipod.

I worry sometimes about the ipod as it often appears to have a 'negative' like display when I turn it on, but it still starts up each time.

#7 ·
Be careful with the bigger Ipods. I took mine running for a few months and it didn't like the constant jiggling and the hard disk just gave up. Luckily it was still under guarantee but makes it awkward to listen to my ipod in winter months unless I strap it to my arm.

My suggestion is to get one of the cheap mp3 players and stick a few playlists onto there. Ok so you haven't got all your tunes to hand but do you need all your records with you on the run? Plus it's really quick to dump some tunes onto it just before you head out.

#16 ·
I have an ipod nano and just use a silicon case and screen protector for everyday use. I've had no problem running in the rain with it, although I always have it tucked in a pocket so it's not that exposed. I do have an arm band for it, but I've never used it. Didn't like the idea of it being exposed and it's almost impossible to change the tracks.

#17 ·
Get your adoring other half to run alongside you holding a brolly over both you & your Ipod.......:d:d

(Ok, why am I on this thread.......I don't have an Ipod, or an other half for that matter.......I'll get me coat........:'()

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.