Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be worth watching today...

An in-depth look at the state of distance running in Kenya, for so long the dominant force in athletics but now at a crossroads following their worst ever world championships.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I saw it.

Seemed to spend a lot of time complaining about why things weren't so good nowadays (money, money, money,...)

Didn't cover much about new hopefuls or about how to learn from Kenyan success (which I'd have found much more interesting)

Overall - not that good really (IMO) - but far better than animal winter olympics which looked awful!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hollywood said:
I saw it.

Seemed to spend a lot of time complaining about why things weren't so good nowadays (money, money, money,...)

Didn't cover much about new hopefuls or about how to learn from Kenyan success (which I'd have found much more interesting)

Overall - not that good really (IMO) - but far better than animal winter olympics which looked awful!
I quite enjoyed that :embarrassed: but perhaps i'm just a big kid!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
hammerite said:
I quite enjoyed that :embarrassed: but perhaps i'm just a big kid!!
Really :)

Which was your favourite event?

• Reindeer speed skating (they didn't even wear skates!)
  • Polar bear ice hockey (they didn't even rip any of the human's heads off)
  • Cold survival (they didn't even show a puny human freezing her naked (hairy) body in the snow...)
But to prove the educational value... I learnt that (but didn't understand why) painted turtles (surely a tropical species) are built to survive in sub-freezing temperatures....

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hollywood said:
Really :)

Which was your favourite event?

• Reindeer speed skating (they didn't even wear skates!)
  • Polar bear ice hockey (they didn't even rip any of the human's heads off)
  • Cold survival (they didn't even show a puny human freezing her naked (hairy) body in the snow...)
But to prove the educational value... I learnt that (but didn't understand why) painted turtles (surely a tropical species) are built to survive in sub-freezing temperatures....
I liked the downhill skiing and the ski jumping!

Although I have to say, it wasn't really a fair competition, the humans wore skates or skis and lycra gear. Where as the birds and animals had no assistance of equipment!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts