Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know anymore about this event, its location Etc.?
Its on the Edinburgh marathon site but cant find anything else about it.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Just did a google search and this thread comes up first, before the official website :) I thought they were doing this in 2009 but looks like its been pushed to 2010 now! This has been in the pipeline for what feels like forever!!!

O.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kilomathon 2010 Race Series

This brand new race series was launched by olympic runner Liz Yelling. The 26.2km/16.3 mile runs are being promoted as the 'perfect race distance' and much interest has already been shown. The first run is on Sunday the 14th of March 2010 from Nottingham University to Pride Parkway, Derby. Subsequent runs are; Wales - Sunday 27th June, N. Ireland - Sunday 5th September and Scotland - Sunday 3rd October. Some runners plan to take part in the complete series. If you would like to compete in this historic event and would also help to support a charity please go to Serving helpless orphaned poor and exploited children all over the world - Hope for Children for details and register your interest at www.kilomathon.info

·
Registered
65 Posts
This brand new race series was launched by olympic runner Liz Yelling. The 26.2km/16.3 mile runs are being promoted as the 'perfect race distance' and much interest has already been shown. The first run is on Sunday the 14th of March 2010 from Nottingham University to Pride Parkway, Derby. Subsequent runs are; Wales - Sunday 27th June, N. Ireland - Sunday 5th September and Scotland - Sunday 3rd October. Some runners plan to take part in the complete series. If you would like to compete in this historic event and would also help to support a charity please go to Serving helpless orphaned poor and exploited children all over the world - Hope for Children for details and register your interest at kilomathon.info
Yeah I heard about this from a press release from Liz. I'm not sure if it's the 'perfect' race distance though.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Wouldn't be perfect for me, it's more than 10 miles :p

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I got offered a charity place for this but the sponsorship commitment is too much for me.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
ohhh i got a big leaflet on it ...... the email iswww.kilomathon.com they are still taking entries arent they - just regular one's that you dont have to reach a minimum charity amount for.

i was gonna do it but it clashes with the silverstone half i think

oh i'm such a muppet - i got so excited i didnt read the posts and just put what i knew and you all already know dont you :lol:

just ignore me ...i'm prone to bouts of over excitedness :lol:

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Hayley, you do make me laugh :lol:

Yes it's on the same day as Silverstone half

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!

I am a volunteer fundraiser for a Nottingham based charity called MCAI which is an affiliated charity with the Kilomathon. We are looking for runners who are interested in running the world's first Kilomathon and help to raise money for a charity! If you are interested please get in touch via [email protected]

Thank you and have a good Christmas!

Heeri

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I had a voucher through the post today - £5 off entry to the Kilomathon England - just use code 2010kilo when entering online.

Kilomathon England goes from Nottingham to Derby - No idea about the Scottish one though.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Entered the English one, cant do the Scottish due to work. Its the day before im on a course in Pompey so its quite handy, drive halfway sat, travelodge, race and then finish the drive.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm still planning to do this (Scottish one) but haven't booked yet. It's quite expensive though, and quite far to run...

It'll be so near me though, I just have to do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts