Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my healthy brekkie of half a grapefruit, a bowl of Bran Flakes a cup of decaffinated tea and then I lapsed.

In the space of one and a half hours I have had a a soya latte and eight two finger kit kats :embarrassed: . I did the same thing on staurday but with Krisp Kreme donuts, I ate four donuts one after the other and they were the chocolate covered ones with custard in the middle :embarrassed: .

Now I am off for lunch at Pizza Express, am going to try my hardest not to have anything to fattening but I will probably end up having salad with loads of dressing.:eek:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Wednesday:

Breakfast: Yogurt & Fruit.

Lunch: Tuna Salad. No Dressing

After work: Really pushed myself,had a great training session and a 10k run.

Followed By: A large Pizza,loads of chips and 6 pints in the pub.

It had been a hard day,I don`t feel guilty. (Should I) ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sharal said:
I had my healthy brekkie of half a grapefruit, a bowl of Bran Flakes a cup of decaffinated tea and then I lapsed.

In the space of one and a half hours I have had a a soya latte and eight two finger kit kats :embarrassed: . I did the same thing on staurday but with Krisp Kreme donuts, I ate four donuts one after the other and they were the chocolate covered ones with custard in the middle :embarrassed: .

Now I am off for lunch at Pizza Express, am going to try my hardest not to have anything to fattening but I will probably end up having salad with loads of dressing.:eek:
Your quite light arent you? (if i remember from your other topic...) I say dont worry about eating stuff like that, if your putting in the training then all is well :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi

I have a almost perfect diet apart from a compulsion to eat Bounty Bars. (no recommendation intended). I pretend that they are good for me as they might contain coconut. I suspect that the main benefit is that they make me feel very guilty and force me out onto the road. I do at least 5k per bar - do you think this is enough?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes. Dont feel guilty for eating crap as long as its in moderation, eating is one of the tings humans enjoy so enjoy it!!! ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bounty.....mmmmmmmmmmm

I haven't had one of those in ages, I think I might purchase one today after my workout.

I am abandoning the pub this lunchtime in favour of a fry up at the local greasy spoons.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tenkplus you got me started on the Bounty bars, I had one yesterday night and I have one now sitting about a foot away, I have been looking at it for about an hour deciding if I should have it. I give up now and it is torturing me so I will have to eat it.

It is the dark chocolate one as I think they taste a bit better than the milk ones.

I even went past Krispy kreme donuts today and didn't even bat an eyelid so today I am very proud of myself. I also ran 8 km today so one little Bounty bar should be ok and besides it will provide me with all that necessary energy for my run tommorow.

I have a new addiction and that is toasted ham and cheese sandwiches as they are perfect food for after a run....yum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sharal, if you really are getting into Bounty bars I would recommend the multi-packs which you can get in all good supermarkets. You get 5 double bars in a packet - enough to last even the most devoted addict for almost a whole day. If you find a good place to buy them you can even stop there on the way back from your run thus building in efficiency to your daily schedule. Saves time which can then be used for worrying about what all these nasty E numbers are doing to your brain. It almost makes me forget about the pain in my achilles (both), left knee, right hip and elbow.

Isn't running fun!!

Remember, looking at chocolate bars is ok. If you start talking to them you have a real problem and should probably move to new discussion thread.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Bounty bars should be buried in the same Sellafield hole as Marmite.

Kitkats however are gawgeous. Love the way they sell them on the continent - they do a big block with 20 fingers instead of 2 or 4 :) Also love it when i get a reject kitkat with not enough wafer and solid chocolate instead (maybe I should just switch to buying Yorkies?)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nestle (do they still manufacture KitKats?) should reintroduce silver paper and slide of wrapper for kitkats, they are just not the same in those plastic bag type wrappers. There was nothing more satisfying that splitting the silver paper with your thumb nail ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts