Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that most people put down there runs in Kilometres, 5KM 10KM 20KM and such like.
Now Im a mile type of guy, Is this just me showing my age or does anyone else still clock up the miles rather than the Kms??

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well 10K is one of the most common races distances, and 5 and 10Ks a good intro for beginners before considering stepping up to a half or full marathon, so it makes sense to track progress in Ks. Having said that the spreadsheet I use to log runs gives both Ks and miles in the stats, so I'm familiar with my pace in either.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Its easy to convert one to the other so I dont think it matters really, personally I like miles as I can understand them!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
A parsec is a parallax of one arcsecond. The length of a parsec is 30.857 petametres, 3.26156 light-years or 1.9174×1013 miles.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Forget a PB, just finishing in your lifetime would be an achievement.
LOL the same could be said for the race I entered :d

I always think in miles... even during a 5K or 10k, I have little calculations going on in my head...takes my mind off the pain ;)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I'm all metric until I've run 16.1k - then I tell people I've done 10 miles and forget about metric :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts