Runners Forum banner

Knee niggle

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Liz3yy 
#1 ·
I went for a rather heavy jog last night and today my left knee aches when I go up and down stairs, I'm wondering what I might have done? strained it perhaps or over done it a bit? I've booked to do a spinning class on Thursday so I hope its ok by then!

#2 ·
Very hard to say (yup, I'm completely copping out of trying to diagnose it :embarrassed:) but I'd imagine you'll be fine for your spin class as thankfully it's a non-weight bearing exercise, so although it requires your knee to repeatedly bend a lot, and quickly, it doesn't have to support your bodyweight so should be fine ;)

#3 ·
Fingers crossed then! Its not agony but just aches slightly occasionally. I went for a walk to the local leisure centre and back into town this morning which was slightly hilly and my knee didnt protest too much. With any luck its just my body continuing to protest against the increasing activity levels I'm chucking at it, tough luck body you'll have to lump it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.