Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking for a little advice.

Quick History: Male, 28, 6ft, 16-17st, flat feet, done some running in the past but not at any significant level, ran a 1hr 53min half marathon once.

I'm looking to start running again to try and get fit and lose some weight; however, when ever I start training I develop knee pain - mainly below the knee cap and on the inside of my knees - which gets me disheartened and I eventually stop training and slip back into my old ways. The pain starts small, but just gets worse and worse.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on what the best course of action would be for me to take. e.g. professional help, orthotics, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Aaron

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Sounds a bit like your paetella malltracking I get this on my right knee, which is the side I overpronate on. I have a pair of Brooks Adrenalines, which I bought from a running shop and although they are the right shoe for me (my pod confirmed this) they didn't provide sufficient control so I have a pair of custom made orthotics. I've gradually beening introducing some running into my walking and increasing my running time and no pains in my right knee so far.

Sometimes some of us have more unusual feet.

I'd definately seek the advice of a sports physio as you may be suffering some muscle imbalances and may need to do some knee strengthening exercises - they will probably be able to recommend a podiatrist as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts