Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right iv never had any real injuries but went running today, and i have a pain in the outside of my knee at the side at the bottom. Its hard to explain but it hurts more when i twist my leg slightly out or walk up stairs. It didnt bother me much while running but wanted some advice on what it might be and should i just carry on running if it doesnt hurt that much thank you h:confused:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Pain is usually a good indicator that something isn't quite right and its time to slow down a little. Ice the area of pain - when did you notice the pain? Was it during the run? After the run? If during the run did it come on gradually and get worse?

There are a couple of things it could be such illiotibial band friction syndrome (ITBS) or paetella femoral pain (PFP) have a look at www.physioroom.com. As you said you had pain going upstairs I was assuming the latter but you'd need to see a trained professional for a proper diagnosis.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Sorry to hear Hayley, hope it doesn't impede your running for too long... :confused:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks TT i think its just rest 4 me, went out this morning and it hurt a bit but hurt more when i got home, also walking up the stairs. But i bet i dont do whats best for me H

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hiya

Is it definitely knee, or could it be upper calf? If it's muscle you may want to try exercises to strengthen it, that worked for me when I injured mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts