Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I use to do a lot of cross country in my early teens and have been fairly active ever since.

I've decide to do a half marathon and have been training for this last 4 or so weeks.

I've been gradually building up my distances to the point where i can now do the full distance.

However i'm starting to feel pain on my left knee, mainly behind and side of my knee, i'm sure it's something common and i'm not doing something right.

I know my shoes aren't correct and i'm getting a new pair.

Any adivce would be of great help.

vinnie

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Blimey, 13.1 miles within 4 weeks, have you always run since Cross country, fi not it might just be over training that a good rest will solve. I took 6 months to get where you are and I had niggles / pains along the way and that was over a much longer period of time.

Cheers

Paul.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
If you are road running watch the camber in the road/pavement, this could also give you problems, nice work though for getting yourself up to speed, like Granty says don't over do it...

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hopefully your new shoes will help a great deal but running 13.1miles after only 4 weeks or so sounds like an awful lot. I've been running for almost 12 months and I'm currently up to 8/9 miles but its been a real struggle.

I would consider going to see a good remedial sports therapist or a sports physio your muscles are probably really tight and you made need to strengthen your core muscles. What stretches do you do, how long do you stretch for and when do you stretch?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts