Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the female to male ratio is at the clubs you all go to? I recently joined a club and was suprised to find there are more women than men who attend.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd say a 60/40 female to male ratio at our club. One thing I've noticed is that for some reason there are very few senior men, most of the male members are vets like me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ours is about 50:50. Perhaps because there are so many couples! We have lots of parties and I suspect spouses don't like to let their "better" halves go alone, so they take up running too ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our club in about 50/50 which I think is really nice, Its what I have been looking for in a club.

Happy Running
Sarah
xx

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have three clubs...

First one which is a social jogging group, almost entirely male, veyr few females. BUt group itself is only small about 20 total probably, with about ten turning up each week.

Second club is a larger running club though still not huge maybe 100+ members, probably about a 50/50 split, mixture of seniors and vets, though I'm normally by some way the youngest.

Third club is a proper athletics club, female dominated club, but a fair number of us lads as well. Age range is very young there, apart from coaches, most the girls are 16-19 or so, with the "younger" lads probably 10-15 and the older lads 18-25, nice atmosphere there, and a lot of fun on nights out!

·
Registered
835 Posts
shoes888m said:
spam snip
To forum admin, is there any way of banning this blatant advertising? I for one will not be visiting this website and will copy this post over as many of these as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts