Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've just had a quick look at this website and it has some fab gear. I always have trouble getting decent clothing (especially for the gym) but this site seems to have it all. I've ordered the brochure - thanks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Nellie,

Just taken a look at the Sheactive site, loads of great stuff. Have you looked in the 'gifts and gagets' bit.....take a look at the 'Shewee'................very interesting!

·
Registered
813 Posts
God knows!......I expect it was invented by a woman though! it is so much easier for men out on a run to have a pee. My running friend gets fed up keep stopping for me, they say go out 'hydrated', but 20 mins later........not sure what drew me to that...but just had to take a look!

ok...who is going to be the first to buy one and write a review!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found the more I drink during the day after a while running to loo becomes less, so I have a good drink about 30 minutes before I go out and I seem to manage ok with no stops... although I am still only running for less than an hour.... hows your training going?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Nellie,

Training....sometimes good, sometimes not so good. I have a lot of work to do to be more consistant. I managed the 10k, not a bad run (didn't even need the loo).

Had a couple of days off, then did a good 5 mile run, got wet and muddy and felt great. Followed a couple of days later by a real rubbish 3 mile struggle!

How about you, glad you ventured 'outside' away from the treadmill? Are you managing to fit your running in now that the days have got shorter?

Glad I found this site, really friendly, nice to chat to other 'runners', see how other people are getting on. I am still being 'quite' good and not drinking too much.....what about you?
Lyn.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Lyn

My training is going good... I ran a 5k run 2 weeks ago and managed it in 30 minutes a bit slow but I was glad to get round. I am now running about 4 / 5 (sometimes 6!!!) times a week and covering from 3 to 5/6 miles which I am pleased about. I printed off a training programme for a 10k from the net and might start to follow it, although I am enjoying just going out and seeing how I feel, if I feel good I just keep running, if not I try and do a short run and put in some speed work. Sometimes its nice just to go out and enjoy how running makes you feel without any planned agenda don't you think?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hi Nellie,

I'm not sure that you need a 10k training programme, by the sound of it you are already there. If you are running more than 4 times a week, and doing the miles, you are ready for it, just keep enjoying it.

It is amazing how, in just a few months you can improve so much...would you have thought you could have run over 5 miles 3 months ago?....I wouldn't have believed I could do it.

I just need to not take on too many things that get in the way of my running!

Keep me posted.

Lyn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts