Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from my local-to-where-I-work running shop and was dismayed at the selection of running gear they had in there.

Up to now I've been running in ordinary cotton t-shirts and tracksuit bottoms, but I wanted to get something a bit better, especially for my top half, so that I can run in the rain without getting extremely uncomfortable. When I looked in the shop, though, the tops they had labelled as "large" were tiny compared with me. I know they're supposed to be fitted rather than baggy, but I'm not sure they'd have fitted my thigh, let alone my body :eek:

Where can I find running clothes to fit my definition of "large" (ie size 18-20 bust, 16-18 waist)?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
bag why dont you try JJB i know they do great selection of running clothing in all different brands and sizes and its women sizing rather than s, m etc.

What sort of trousers you want ??

Are you tall or short Bag ?? i know a few women get mens runnng trousers for the length if your tall

I would not advise JJB for shoes but clothing they are great

:d

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Leece - there's a JJB in my local town, so I'll go and have a look tomorrow :d

I need a new water bottle for the gym too - the top's cracked on my old one.

Sports shops have not been my natural habitat before now so I'm generally pretty clueless about such things :embarrassed:

I'm pretty average height - 5ft 5.5 (don't forget that 0.5!), so I shouldn't need men's trousers, but it's a useful tip.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll be interested to find out where to go too. I did see some three quarter length running trousers in a friends Littlewoods catalogue and was tempted. Although 3/4 length will probably be just above my ankle as I'm 5ft 2 :) They had sizes for the fuller figure too. I was :eek: when I saw the clothes rack in the running shop I went to a couple of weeks ago but as I went in for trainers that was okay.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Bag,

Shhhhh Tescos do a good water bottle that you can grip. you know the circle ones. good price too.

Your same height as me Bag, but because its summer coming up (touch wood) i would go for the capri ones as they nice and cool, i prefer wicking stuff stops the sweat sticking to your clothes, and its breathable.

Let me know how you get on :p

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
startfitness.co.uk are excellent if you can't get to the shops, normally have some really good deals on too.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you oh feet-that-sparkle. That site looks excellent - and bargainous indeed for some things. I feel some internet shopping coming on as well as a trip to town :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
go on bag go crazy order online then go out to the shops :p

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh dear, I did go a bit crazy. I'm now the proud owner of two wicking tops, a long pair of running trousers, a 3/4 length pair, some new socks and a new water bottle. I also have a waterproof jacket and another top on its way from the website. The tops are a little on the tight side, but comfortable enough and as I'm losing weight anyway, they'll fit perfectly before long :)

Thanks for the recommendations - JJB had an excellent range of stuff, though it was somewhat badly laid out and apparently staffed by 12 year old boys :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Larger sounds so much nicer than large ;)

I went to JJB sports today and bought 3/4 length running trousers and a lovely bright red hoody. Very pleased with my purchases and also their sale price. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm an 18-20 and I get my kit from Eve Activewear online (www.eveactivewear.co.uk). They have some US kit which I haven't found anywhere else here and its bigger around the waist which I need (I am shaped like a granny smith - or as they say a "lemon on matchsticks"):eek:

I'm looking forward to the summer but I don't like it when I start to get uncomfortable in fitted stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts