Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone go out running late at night?:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true...except our club has a member who goes out very early in the morning...3am ish...bit of an oddball...he's retired so could run at any time!!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I once went out running at 6.30am during winter, so it was pitch black and nobody around. I came to a bit with no street lights (quite rural) and the Johnny Cash song "When the Man comes Around" came on my ipod. I was terrified! That song is used in the credits of the remake of Dawn of the Dead, so that added to my terror. I ran very fast through that section.

Can't say I've ran late at night before. I would feel a bit strange doing that.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
In my previous incarnation at a runner back in the '80s it wasn't unusual for me to go out at 10pm for a 20 mile run... through country lanes! On one such occasion I fell into an unlit manhole (no jokes please!)

I was as obsessed with running back then as I am with chocolate now... :rolleyes:

These days I need my sleep

·
Registered
664 Posts
Haven't ever done it. I've tried very early, before getting ready for work, which seemed OK for me. Thing is an early run sets you up for the day, and I would think a very late run would leave me to wired to get to sleep at any reasonable time to get up in the morning.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've finished at around 10:30 before; that's about as late as I get... Oh, and one 1/2-mara which started at 10pm, finished 11:34-ish. I see no reason not to run late at night, whatever works

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dont like being out late at night, I dont feel safe as I'm usually alone. about 8pm is the latest I stay out till when walking or jogging, even in the middle of summer.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
No I don't, but I wouldn't rule it out either :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im an early morning guy around 5.30 am best time of the morning

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
been out for a few lateish runs... don't think I've ever been out much after 10pm though. I find running too late makes getting to sleep an absolute nightmare!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Latest I've ever finished a run is just before 8 in the evening, but generally speaking I prefer morning runs, usually around 6.30ish, depending on length of run, what time I have to be in work/meet friends (if weekend)... It gets the energy levels up for the day, I reckon if I ran late late at night I'd probably not be able to sleep! PLUS, I really don't have the motivation to run after a full day... sometimes I do, but generally speaking, I just wanna pass out.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very dodgy.
Some kids decided to knife someone along my route the other week. Luckily, it was after I'd got home :eek:

I don't get paid for it! :suspicious: I wish I did.
I should move to Oz!
Nice place indeed!

No pay...now that is sport slavery!!:lol::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts