Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a 10k off road on sunday 11th which was hard and i injured the back of my right calf, I now have pain when I ran last night. It feels like cramp pain!!. My next 10k is 15th June. Question is do I lay off for a couple of weeks so it heals or do I keep training. If I lay off running for 2 weeks how far "back" will I go?? I have been running for 3 years now and do on average 20-25 miles per week. Its a bit of a dilemma !!
thanks

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I would rest it until it heals. I don't think missing 2 weeks will make much of a difference. A few runs after it heals should get you back to where you were. If you keep running on it, it will just get wore. Maybe you should take 3 or 4 days off then go for a light jog and see how it feels. If it hurts again, rest some more etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that helfull reply. I will rest now as suggested. I just had this in the back of my mind that all the training i have done will be 'undone' if i dont run for 2 weeks. Thatks for that reassurance.
regards

·
Registered
664 Posts
From personal experience can I also chip in and say with 3 years under your belt at your training level then taking a week or two off to heal will not set you back much at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Don, I will see how it goes in about a week then train (lightly) again. This is all very frustrating. When you get to my age everything seems to take longer to heal up!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts