Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to balance Everest's thread... what was the worst race trinket you've ever collected.

For me it was my finishing t-shirt at FLM.

There have been some really good FLM t-shirt's over the year's - I particularly like one which says something about 26.2 being the distance runners are measured by.

However, in 04... the phrase was "I've had the heart"

Wet wet wet

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I did the Bramley 20 last year and all we got at the finish was a pen :(

I'm doing it again this year...because it is a good race, and I got a PB by 5 minutes last year...so hoping to break that again

·
Registered
38 Posts
T-shirts. Lots of pigging t-shirts. If there are any organisers on here, can you please think of something more innovative than t-shirts - I've got enough to start a refugee shelter!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can remember one club organised 10k I did when you got absolutely nothing, not even a drink of water! Entry was £7 as well!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not really one that I've done, but a load from my club did the Keyworth Turkey Trot (I did Bedford half on the same day instead), you got a "handy" wrist or ankle velcro strap thing to with a small pouch to keep your keys/money in.

It was in a crap colour, didn't even mention the name of the race and don't think it fitted anyone's wrists or ankles!!

I've got some really dodgy t-shirts, most of the designs/colours are OK, others are shocking!! Retford Half (good race) is one particular, horrible green colour with a couple of 70's runners on who look like Mr Miyaghi (karate kid)!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
This does remind me that the fastest peeps in the Cabbage Patch 10 mile race do all genuinely win cabbages :).

I'd also like to apologise for spelling Favorite like an American - it's all the fault of this US-centric software I've been working on....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hollywood said:
This does remind me that the fastest peeps in the Cabbage Patch 10 mile race do all genuinely win cabbages :).
Something to look forward to for this autumn then. Although I doubt I'll be amongst the fastest...

·
Registered
5 Posts
NFRoadRunner said:
T-shirts. Lots of pigging t-shirts. If there are any organisers on here, can you please think of something more innovative than t-shirts - I've got enough to start a refugee shelter!
I started LewisKIT for exactly this reason. I want to wear t-shirts/sweats etc that say I am a runner/biker/swimmer etc but I won't wear cheap gaudy coloured ones covered in sponsors logos - they end up in the bike cleaning pile.

·
Registered
67 Posts
small bag of sugar - I'm sure I've had at least three of these - I think tate and lyle must sponsor the great runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts