Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie to this and was wondering how long should I experience this heavy feeling in my legs when I run? Is pre run stretching and warm up the answer?:confused:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'm not sure as I've only been running about 3 months. Even now I have days when my legs feel heavy, think it all depends on how tired you are and stuff.

Just keep going and all will get easier

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Smiler said:
I'm a newbie to this and was wondering how long should I experience this heavy feeling in my legs when I run? Is pre run stretching and warm up the answer?:confused:
A warm up and cool down is a must, IMHO. I also stretch after a run or gym session and find it helps after a week or two.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
You'll always experience heavy legs if you're working your body hard... the difference being that when you're a newcomer to running, it's very hard to have an 'easy' run. As your fitness improves you'll find it easier to run at the same speed, and the heavy legs feeling will disappear. Keep at it Smiler :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
I've only just started jogging and I've found a good warm up and stretch afterwards really helps. Cant wait to go jogging again tonight!

·
Registered
110 Posts
hi Smiler and everyone,

i've only been running since february and go through stages of having heavy legs, which at first i thought it was because i was new to running but as i got closer to my race for life recently my legs seemed to feel heavier each time i went out but this week so far i've been fine and managed 6k on the treadmill last night my furthest yet, so keep on going and i'm sure it'll get easier.

Do you run outside? as i find this much harder on my legs than the treadmill so i do a combination of both

Forest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts