Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone doing this? I'm entered on the site but haven't recieved a number or anything through the post as of yet. The site still says car parking details and route detals to appear later.

not that impressed so far :(

my first full too.

any similar experiences? i want to park close, last thing i need is a 15 min walk after my first 26 miles!

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
with the race being on 19th i wouldnt start to panic just yet, but if you havnt heard anything by next wednesday i would phone/ email the organisers

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
my bloke is doing Leics marathon :)

he only registered last weekend so don't worry, plenty of time yet

·
Registered
419 Posts
I did this one last year - might be at Abingdon instead this year.

If you are going... then my top tip is that last year was well organised but there were big queues for the car parks beforehand - so get there with time to spare!

P.S. My second to top tip is to make sure you head towards the right university (Last year I think I somehow went to De Montfort Uni rather than to the De Montfort building at Leceister Uni...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
number and pack came through yesterday am.. phew.

good tips Hollywood, thanks for that. I'm driving myself so I will try to arrive in good time as I don't want a long walk ;). 9.20 kick off so was planning on getting there for 8.30 - is that too late?

i'm feeling hassled because my taper was sabotaged by having a dental implant at the end of the first week and being on antibiotics for 2 of the 3 weeks.. i felt really rough on those so I've had 1 decent (8 miles) run in just over 2 weeks.. at least I'll be well rested :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
you will be fine and best of luck, let us know how you get on :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
All the best with it Jason...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just outside 4 hrs.. man that hurt!

bit disappointed with the time but my taper was tragic and i don't think this helped. at 13 miles i was 1.47 (8.32 min/mile), at 20 miles 2.56 (8.8) but it went tragically downhill from there :(

i think i'll stick to the half in future

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't even think that Hrun :). I've done a couple of halves and finished them with "gas in the tank" and feeling fine but this was an entirely different ballgame. From 20 miles out i started to struggle, it's amazing as 6 miles doesn't sound far but the reality is it took me about 70 minutes when in normal training i'd expect to be sub 50 minutes at a canter for that.

pain is a word which describes it a lot. my legs were like solid concrete, so heavy and i literally could not run quickly at all

i'd done up to 21 miles in training several times but on the flipside had a crap last few weeks wind down. dunno whether that affected it. the wall is not nice.

i'll be back for another half though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts