Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an update from the organisers of the Leicester marathon.

LEICESTER MARATHON 2019
***URGENT UPDATE***
Dear runners,
You may or may not be aware of the significant amount of rain that has fallen within the last 48 hours, leading to widespread flooding across the entire county of Leicestershire.
As of 5pm today, there is localised flooding on both the half and full marathon routes in Watermead Park and these areas are currently impassable.
We are monitoring the situation hour by hour, we are assessing if other routes are viable and doing everything within our power to ensure that the event can go ahead safely.
Should this not be possible however, then unfortunately we will have to consider cancelling the event.
We know that many of you will be travelling from further afield and may need to make alternative arrangements should this be case. Therefore, we will make a decision and notify you by 7pm on Thursday at the latest.
In the meantime, please rest assured that we are doing all that we can.
Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for further updates.
Kind regards
The Leicester Marathon Team
Watch this space...... Unbelievable......!
I am currently making plans for a long training run in case of cancellation.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Now cancelled
:'(

That's awful. I can't imagine what it must be like to train for a marathon and then for the race to be cancelled - it's such a big training commitment. Are there any other marathons in the near future you could substitute which aren't already full?

·
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luckily this was a part of my training for an ultra in November, so I will tweak my training to account for this.
I do feel at a loose end though, my training had not been perfect but after tapering and starting to carb load I was feeling quite confident and strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts