Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year this event was cancelled due to flooding, but my preparation had been undermined by injury, so I was not too bothered. Due to the ongoing pandemic I am not sure if this event will go ahead this year, but training starts this week (18 week program) I am hoping that this will keep me motivated over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm sure it will do. For the past few weeks I have been following a plan aiming for the Glenmore 24 race in September. Can't see it going ahead but it gives me the focus and structure I need in life.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fingers crossed for you all. If Leicester does not go ahead I have the Madrid Half marathon on November 15th, even that may be a stretch. Strange days :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
This does in some ways bring to mind the question "why do you run, is it for the love of running or for medals".

A bit of both for me I suppose but I'm not overly missing the dashing about and stress of being on the stat line.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
4,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do enjoy running, just for runnings sake. But I also like to have target races to train for and goals to achieve. Not bothered about medals, they are in a shoebox under the bed :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts