Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted the local paper today (aswell as loads of other people including radio station) and they are coming out to take a photo of Meg running, and are going to do a write up about his forthcoming half marathon, and also about Parkinsons disease, and are going to ask for sponsors etc, im so excited for him, hopefully it will give him a boost. Sorry not very interesting to you all I know, but just wanted to share lol :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
fair play, wish him all the best from me. does he have an online sponser thingy.... ? - like justgiving ?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Granty he doesnt i wouldnt know the first thing about setting one up, im quite the internet novice im afraid, i've tried doing the contacting local companies etc, but thats as far as it has gone so far. He is worse on the computer than i am, so we're not much cop are we lol

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
That is great news, hope it gets you lots of money for your charity. :d

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you so mcuh both of you.
Granty thank you for bringing the just giving site to my attention, i have used them before when i donated to my friend who did the mongolian rally last year, and so i have logged on and will set up a site for him. Thank you so much veyr much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
telmadee said:
thank you so mcuh both of you.
Granty thank you for bringing the just giving site to my attention, i have used them before when i donated to my friend who did the mongolian rally last year, and so i have logged on and will set up a site for him. Thank you so much veyr much appreciated.
It is definitely worth doing, besides when the camera crew.... come round to do your photo shoot, and make up etc (getting carried away with myself now) you can ask them to advertise your web page on justgiving!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Spot on TT - I raised money for Bristol Cancer last year this way and I was amazed how many people really liked this approach, even get to claim the tax back as well.

Telmadee - if you need a 'techie' hand setting up, let me know.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I've got a justgiving website for FLM and agree it's a good way of getting money in from those who think they are out of your reach!

Good on you Telmadee.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Good luck with the sponsorship, good idea to set up a website, I wouldn't know where to start, but I'm sure there are a few people around here could point you in the right direction.

Let us know how you get on.

Lyn.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you all so very much for your wellwishes.

Granty, I'm gonna have a bash at setting him the site up when he comes back from his run tonight, thanks for the offer of help with it if i get stuck it's very much appreciated

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Granty said:
Telmadee - if you need a 'techie' hand setting up, let me know.
YAY! I managed it, i impressed myself, even if a numpty (like me) could do it unaided lol :p , thanks again for your kind offer of help Granty
:d

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
telmadee said:
YAY! I managed it, i impressed myself, even if a numpty (like me) could do it unaided lol :p , thanks again for your kind offer of help Granty
:d
Nice one - well done, whats the Web address of the Justgiving page ?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
telmadee said:
the site address is www.justgiving.com/mezb

not sure how to personalise it, or whether i would have to use the blog part of it lol
Ignore the blog part of it, not at all necessary. I also think its a good idea to personalise the page with a short text about the reasons for the page etc. From what I can remember you login from www.justgiving.com/mezb and then goto 'fund raising pages' and click on 'Manage' - from here I think there is an option to change the text that is displayed ie - personalise the page.

Might be slightly different from the above but its something similiar.

Once pay day comes, a donation will be coming his way.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you so much for your help with everything Granty you dont know how much I/we appreciate it, this site has been like a bible to us, you are all such a fantastic bunch of people.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Beware - programming PC's is like turning to the 'dark side of the force' :eek: :p

Seriously tho' well done, I hope you raise as much as possible !!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I'm a bit late with the congratulations here Telmadee,but well done for pulling that one off.I wish you the best of luck with the fundraising and the race.:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts