Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im running the next loch ness marathon and just hoping to get some information on the course whether its got any hills that i should know about or if its fairly flat.
would be much apreciated for my training.
cheers

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gary :)

I'm sorry I can't help you with details on the Loch Ness marathon though.
It's a little quiet in here at the weekend, everyone's out running I guess :rolleyes: but there are members from Scotland who will be able to answer some of your questions... probably when they get to work on Monday and log in from there ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Gary
I live in Inverness so know the area fairly well. We have driven the route you will be running a few times - best way to describe it is 'undulating' - my husband said to say 'think of Nessie's back! A fabulous run I believe - spectacular scenery.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
welcome to the forum, are you Scotland based?

I heard its a great course but there are some hills :) Don't know the course personally but if you are going to take part we are looking at organising a RF (runners forum) social meet so maybe see you there :)

O.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Quite fancy that as a club outing ..... you'll have to tell us all about it in due course.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Gary,

I am also doing the Loch ness marathon in October. I don't know the area too well and I have never ran up in that area before.

However, I believe the first four or five miles are relatively downhill but there is a bit of a hill just after this point. From then on it's small ups and downs, until you hit the killer hill at Dores at around 17 miles. Apparently it go's on for 1 and a half miles!

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all your help maybe see you on the day
gopdluck to anybody that is running the course
cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm doing it (again) this year, all the descriptions so far are all pretty spot on. The last 3/4 miles is all downhill into Inverness, which is great if you've still got the legs for it. However I hill the 'wall' (believe me, the wall is as real as they come) coming out of Dores and suffered the most painful 40 mins of my life. Other than that its a great run!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Gary

Welcome to RF

Good luck with your race and keep us posted on how you get on.

TT :d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just found this site i was looking for other runners doing the Loch Ness and after info like yourself, i'll be doing it as my first marathon and a feeling of trepidation has set in, if you get any valuable info please pass it on i shall be following the forum in the coming weeks.
Good luck Mick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts