Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to anyone who was at the Loch Ness Marathon today.
Weather lovely for most part of the day.
Hope those who did the Marathon enjoyed itand enjoyed the fabulous views.
I managed to get round the 5k in 34 mins which was a PB for me...! :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well done on your PB.

Take it the monster didn't put in an appearance - or did someone run as it? :lol:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great going Altna :d

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Altna.

Sounds like a great place to race.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well done on your PB. I was there with my husband doing the 10K.........maybe one day the marathon.............

It was really well organised wasn't it? I loved the atmosphere in the stadium at the end.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the PB congrats - yes, it does feel good... Not being a natural runner, I never find it easy. But I do enjoy what I manage to do and, if all I can manage are occasional 5ks then so be it. Just getting out for a 'run' at lunchtime makes all the difference to my day so it has got to be doing some good.

Steve - according to the Loch Ness website there were around 2,250 runners in the Loch Ness Marathon with many others doing the 10k and 5k. I read on another site (BBC I think) that is now the third largest marathon in the UK, but don't know how accurate that is.

Certainly, if anyone wants to run a marathon with a difference Loch Ness has got to be the one. The event is growing in popularity every year and it is easy to see why.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I certainly would fancy it....long way to go for a run but maybe I'd make a week of it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
How did the run itself go for the two of you RS?
Thanks for asking :) have posted somewhere else and didn't want to hijack Altna's thread but very pleased to report first sub 50 10K for both of us I did 48:02, husband was a bit quicker 47:37. Its a great course.

Altna, I now remember reading your quandry thread ages ago, well done for making it to the race, I'm really glad you've been able to carry on running. I hope your husband is doing well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts