Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CHICKS(Country Holidays for Inner City Kids) have places available for the Loch Ness Marathon which takes place on 5th October 2008. Each place is available at a registration fee of £100, which also includes a complimentary ticket (worth £10) to Baxter's Pasta Party on the Saturday evening before the race.

This marathon is extremely popular and any places left are few and between so please pass on this information to any friends, family or people you know that might be interested in running in the Loch Ness Marathon as soon as you can. The deadline for registering for the marathon is the 15th September so we all need to work fast to fill those last few places.

With no government funding CHICKS rely on the generosity of the general public, corporate sponsorship and trusts to provide this life line to disadvantaged children. CHICKS hopes to offer over 900 children from around the UK with a free respite break in the West country during 2009. The children that come to CHICKS face complex problems; many are growing up living in poverty and many more have been abused, neglected, live in care or are themselves ‘child carers’, bearing the extraordinary responsibility of caring for disabled or terminally ill relatives. CHICKS cater for children between the ages of 8 and 15 with breaks from March to December.

So if you are runner and fancy a challenge, please contact CHICKS. We will support you by running a story on our website, supplying a running vest and provide you with a sponsorship pack to help you raise your sponsorship. Just think with a little dedication and training, you could give some children precious happy childhood memories for them to treasure for life.

For further details on CHICKS or the Loch Ness Marathon 2008 contact Hina Alvi on 01822 811020 reply to this thread.

Thanks x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking for an entry

I know the entry is already closed, so I though if someone wishes to cancel, due to injuries or other reasons, then he could sell it to me.

If anyone wants to sell his participation in the Loch Ness Marathon, please contact me at my e-mail yarono22 @ yahoo . com

Thanks
Yaron

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did, thanks, but...

they wanted me raise 500 quid, which is impossible for me since I'm from Israel...

I was willing to pay 100 quid, which I though would go to help the noble cause, but that's just the registration fee for the orginsiers.

anyway, if you know of someone who whishes to cancel, I would be more then happy to purchase his/her participation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts