Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

When i log into the site using IE7 i enter my username and password and click login then i get the spash screen thanking you for logging in. Then it returns me to the home where it acts as if i'm not logged in no UserCP on the menu and asking my username and password again. When i click on a forum though it then corrects its self and shows me as logged in. Has anyone else been getting this?

I have notice that my name does appear on the sidebar as logged in though!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
i've had that problem from time to time not lately though .

Have found when replying to a thread that when i try to submit the reply it shows me as not logged in ,when i already am logged in .

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This issue only seems to occur when using IE on my works computer. Firefox at home is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought not sure this is confined to just this site i use a forum called digital-digest that also uses VB and get the same issue when browsing in IE there too!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I sense this is going to be one of those annoying hard-to-find bugs since I've got no ie6 or ie7 problems.

I'll google around and see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IE 7 is straight from Satan 'Mr Gates' himself - stick to Firefox my friend !!
I couldn't agree more but unfortunately the powers that be at work love IE7 they must be mad! So stuck with it in work hours! Not that i'm ever on here whilst working! :p

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
People wanting to use firefox but can't can use portable firefox. You can stick it in a folder (no install needed) or on a pendrive and take it with you.
If you use a pendrive you can even use the same firefox on your home as work pc to save configuring two of them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People wanting to use firefox but can't can use portable firefox. You can stick it in a folder (no install needed) or on a pendrive and take it with you.
If you use a pendrive you can even use the same firefox on your home as work pc to save configuring two of them.

BYE BYE IE!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If you ran it on your pendrive then the history would be stored there rather than on the PC.

However they may track traffic through their network.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
would that potentially mean work couldn't track my activities?! I'm guessing that's irrelevant? :(

At LAST Richard been tracking you for awhile now. This is your boss by the way and your FIRED! :p

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
at times I honestly wonder how long it'll be before they leave a note on my desk to that effect! lol.

Still, if they don't give me the work to do, what can I do?!?!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts