Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with a perfect storm.......

Im running London 2020 f0r a charity and I have already raised the amount required for that charity.

I have also been lucky enough to get a ballot place

My thoughts are run the charity place for 2020 and roll the ballot place for 2021 .

Can anyone advise if that is something im able to do ?

Do I tell the charity I have a ballot place too , do I tell virgin marathon I have a charity place ?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
My guess is that if you defer the ballot place and then your charity registers you for one of their place, that London Marathon will just see you as an individual who has taken part in the race after all and your ballot place would be forfeit.

I am just guessing and I think the only way you would be able to find out is to contact London Marathon and ask them that specific question.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm running for MIND next year on a charity place, I ran for them this year obtaining my place through a competition.

Firstly well done for raising the minimum amount so early, I've barely got over 10%.

But to answer your question i'm pretty it is fine to defer your ballot place till 2021 and run for the charity next year - I can ask in our charity group how others did this if you like, as i'm sure a couple did this last time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts