Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
Im new to this site and am so glad i found it, as it is a great resource. Basically i have been running and riding for quite a few years and am pretty fit. I wanted a challenge and noticed the above event advertised. I really like the look of the challenge race, but i wanted to know iff this race is suitable for a begineer who has not taken part in an event before. There just seems there is alot to learn about rules etc rather than all being about firness. Any advice would be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi bustergrey,

I've never done it myself, but I'm pretty sure it's ideal for a beginner. The bigger the event the more friendly it is for new people.

Don't worry too much about the rules. It seems a lot but when you're out there racing it all becomes natural. Unless you're elite no one is going to care if you make a minor transgression of the rules. The main one to remember is don't cycle where you're not supposed to!

When you're training make sure you practice T2 lots - i.e. the changeover from the bike to the second run. This is where it's going to hurt the most, your calves will thank you for it!

One word of warning, do they still have entries open?

Good luck!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I too don't know anything about this but good luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

TT :d

Oh and Welcome to RF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice guys, think i will go for it this year. Fandango there are still loads of places left and they dont expect to sell out till end of July.

cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sorry to start this thread up again, but I'm really interested in giving this a go in 09. Has anyone ever done this (or other similar events)??

Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
419 Posts
I marshalled last year - a friend got a free place if I marshalled.

Have heard lots of good things about it - only complaint I've ever heard is the price.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I marshalled last year - a friend got a free place if I marshalled.

Have heard lots of good things about it - only complaint I've ever heard is the price.
I know, £53, is a tad pricey. Thing is I've searched the internet for other summer / autumn events and can't seem to find any??? I'll probably give it a go once I've actually managed to find a bike I like!

Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
419 Posts
There are a few duathlons around but they are pretty low key.

BTA website seems to keep the best list that I know of.

I think there's one in High Wycombe at some point in the year? And there's a fab "jekyll and hyde" one in Hyde Park in October (warning - it sells out really fast!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts