Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Really good for shopping :) Lots of goods at full price - plus lots and lots of old stuff being sold off cheap.

Also very good for meeting up with forum peeps pre the big race.

However, it's not in the most convenient of locations - a little out of the way... although I think you can get from Excel to Decathlon quite easily? More shopping!

And the pasta party was just tasteless when I went...

And I've heard the Saturday is heaving with people registering for the race!

P.S. Didn't actually visit the link so don't know if there's anything new this year.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I went on Wednesday and again on Saturday last year. Registering was dead easy on Wednesday, no queues at all, and it was nice walking round too. But Saturday was very different, the queues for registration were mega and the whole place was heaving. Unfortunately I can't get there midweek this year so have no choice but to do it all on Saturday :confused:

·
Registered
244 Posts
The only time I've been was years ago when I did London, I went on a Wednesday (it was that long ago I was still at school!) and it was quite quiet.

I remember thinking I was quite elite as Richard Nerurkar was the person just in front of me in the queue and even said hello to me!! He only managed to be about 1h 20 mins ahead in the race though!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
everest2005 said:
Are there many freebies on offer?
there were quite a few that I remember. I ended up with about 10 small pots of vaseline, they seemed to be giving them out at every stand in carrier bags so you didn't know what was in them until you'd got them.

Some of the guys who have been to more recent expos will have a better idea though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts