Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apologies for the advert, but as race secretary i feel duty bound to put this one up. event details are on our web site

http://www.longeatonrunningclub.com/

for your money you get a t shirt, spot prizes and a fast flat course. last year we had about 450 entrants. this year is our 20th anniversary as a club,and we are hoping to get lots of former members to come along and run. hammerite will pay the entry fee for anyone travelling from surrey or the south west (won't you paul?):d

·
Registered
244 Posts
chrisity said:
apologies for the advert, but as race secretary i feel duty bound to put this one up. event details are on our web site

http://www.longeatonrunningclub.com/

for your money you get a t shirt, spot prizes and a fast flat course. last year we had about 450 entrants. this year is our 20th anniversary as a club,and we are hoping to get lots of former members to come along and run. hammerite will pay the entry fee for anyone travelling from surrey or the south west (won't you paul?):d
Errrrrrrrrr mmmmmmmmmmm let me think. I'll pay for someone's entry if they pay for mine.

Actually, that's pointless I'll be wearing one of those yellow vest with marshall on it! But what better advert for the race, the quality of marshalls!

(Chris is I marshall the fun run can I do the race, was a marshall and missed out last year even though it was my first..!!!)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to drag internal business onto this forum but the answer is probably no. some of us have been assisting at 12 of them without running! however if you can find someone to marshall in your place then maybe.... trouble is we need a lot of marshalls for safety as there are a lot of side streets to cover.

·
Registered
244 Posts
chrisity said:
sorry to drag internal business onto this forum but the answer is probably no. some of us have been assisting at 12 of them without running! however if you can find someone to marshall in your place then maybe.... trouble is we need a lot of marshalls for safety as there are a lot of side streets to cover.
it's no problem was only messing/being cheeky!! TBH I probably wouldn't have any speed off the back of a marathon effort anyway!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hammerite said:
I probably wouldn't have any speed off the back of a marathon effort anyway!!
Hammer - It is 3 weeks after your marathon! Know you should take your time to recover after such an event but surely you would be able to find some energy for a 5 miler after 3 weeks? But then again... You could just spend that energy supporting other tired runners (like me?!) round while marshalling :rolleyes: This one could be my first 5 miler

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rene said:
Hammer - It is 3 weeks after your marathon! Know you should take your time to recover after such an event but surely you would be able to find some energy for a 5 miler after 3 weeks? But then again... You could just spend that energy supporting other tired runners (like me?!) round while marshalling :rolleyes: This one could be my first 5 miler
I'd be able to do a 5 miler 3 weeks after a marathon no problem with the energy, but the speed/sharpness probably wouldn't be there as I'll only have been used to running longer distances.

I'll be marshalling anyway Rene, but there are loads of other races all through the summer around these parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts