Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wondering what others do with running and long hair.

When I used to run years ago I had short hair! Now its long and staying long. I always wear my hair down but realise this will be a pain if running long distance.

What do you lot do?
Ponytail, platts?

Prahalady

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
When I had long hair, always had a ponytail or sometimes plaited pig tails, they work well when it is really hot and you can go out with wet hair and stay cool :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have very long hair and just tie it back, it's no problem at all. I have a low pony tail as I think a high one would bob about too much like a horses tail and that would get on my pip.

I sometimes tuck my pony tail down the back of my running top, not directily onto my back but ontop of my t shirt but inside my zip up jacket...I have recently started running so dressing for the cold at the moment. I would imagine in hot weather I would put it into a pony tail than pin it up competely out of the way. I do see woman running with their hair flowing loose but personally that would drive me nuts.!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has to be tied up otherwise i would be concentrating on keeping it out of my face rather than running!! :) i just pin back my fringe and put my hair up in a pony tail and i am ready to take to the road.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Mine's a bit below shoulder length and I put it back in a ponytail, and use a hairband to keep back the layers that aren't long enough to get in the ponytail.

I only plait my hair when I go skiing - I find even a ponytail gets tangled in a long day's skiing.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've got long hair and I tie it in a low pony tail and plait it. As runda said it swishes about too much otherwise! Also, in windy/wet weather it doesn't get knotted.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I always put my hair up as it is shoulder length and gets totally in the way. I use a brilliant gadget using 2 combs which takes seconds to put in and stays secure all day. Looks good too! Bought something similar about 15 years ago at a market stall - only recently started to fall apart and I couldn't find another one. Disaster! Finally located the one I now use which is pretty similar. Always being asked where I got it.

If anyone is interested I can direct you to the internet site where you can get them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts