Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently it's going to be snowing at the end of the week, overlapping with my long run... fun fun fun! Hopefulyl this time round the river that runs through the valley I run along won't burst it's banks and I won't be running in ankle deep icey water.

It's all fun and games. Anyone else insane?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
It`s tropical down here in the south east a-n-s.

Should be wearing a bikini for my long run on Sunday.............:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking forward to some snow up in Scotland tomorrow and saturday! Should be fun! I've found that running in more extreme conditions makes you extra determined and possibly distracts your mind a bit from your legs.

Mind you i've only being running this winter. Dont think I could say the same about extreme heat! Not that I'll get any up here....

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwww sucks. I find extreme heat to be extremely annoying! All that happens is that I feel like dying within a second of leaving the house. In the colder weather it's a lot more refreshing and I feel I can push myself a bit more. Sometimes I get a major cough from the cold, but meh.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Meh indeed! I feel I progress more over the winter, but training in the summer is essential for racing in the summer. I'd like to say I could run topless and catch a tan, but wearing a HRM you get tan lines that from behind make it look like you frequently wear a bra :embarrassed:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Just checked the weather and in sunny southeast might get snow showers tomorrow, but they won't last long, boo

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well we had sleet here in sunny Sheffield this morning. It was lashing against my windows due to the strong winds... so I walked through it to work... and by the time I'd gotten in to work it had all subsided, and now it's bloody glorious sunshin! Sheffield - the City of 3 seasons a day. My mate has promised me that if the slow lays this weekend then she'll take us out to some rural hillage for sledging. WOOP! This is, of course, if I survive my run in the morning. If it's icey, I'm likely to die on the hills.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im going to let the side down here..I draw the line at snow..I absolutely hate it!! Im such a grouch when it comes to snow..

So tomorrow I will be being a couch potato snuggled up in my bed trying to ignore the fact the weather is so yucky..until I have to face it on my way to work!!!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Awwww sucks. I find extreme heat to be extremely annoying! All that happens is that I feel like dying within a second of leaving the house.
I'm not a big fan of the heat either.

I don't mind running in the cold or if its raining - just as long as its there's not too much wind.

I was out running when it snowed over Xmas - although the folk I run with were astounded when I still wore my shorts instead of leggings!:huh:

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I enjoy the extremes of hot and cold weather (for the added challenge!)... some of my best and most memorable races have been run in the rain. :d

Running on the snow is best when you're the first one on it! But these days, in most parts of the country, you've got to be quick, 'cos the snow usually melts as fast as it falls. :(

·
Registered
835 Posts
........and I won't be running in ankle deep icey water.
One thing I can't cope with while running is wet feet. I dodge those puddles at any cost!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Nothing worth mentioning at all by us... see I told you all :p

May be heading up to sheffield today with the missus so thanks for the up to date weather bulletin Miss Specifics... don't forget to wave if you see me ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
scr8pe said:
One thing I can't cope with while running is wet feet. I dodge those puddles at any cost!
Well... I couldn't... the whole park was flooded! It was either that or run alongside the road, which isn't quite as nice as through the forested bit.

*waves at richard* Unless you're in the MBB dept of shef uni I won't be seeing you - I lost a clone I made 3 months ago, so will be spending the entire weekend making it again heh.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I lost a clone I made 3 months ago, so will be spending the entire weekend making it again
.....................:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol, don't worry, it's just a tube of DNA, it's not like... an entire organism or anything! PLUS I reckon I accidently threw it out with the cloning I'd been doing that didn't work... so it'll be in a yellow bio-hazard bin, so there's no need to worry!!

ANYWAY! It's just started snowing here!!!

Do you think that I shouldn't feel too bad if I get quite a slow time on my long run tomorrow? I mean, I like the cold, but it does play havock with my lungs! Or am I making excuses and should I suck it up and push push push? (stoopud question really, isn't it?)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Take your time.

Long slow runs at the weekend,are exactly that.....:d

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't realise thick snow could make running that bit more difficult! It was really great though, there was a bit of a bracing wind, but I wore 2 longsleeve thermal running tops, so I was fairly cosie. It was just nice to be away from it all for a while, and the same route looked different and more interesting blanketed in snow... and when the wind blew it made snow fall from trees, which mede it look like it was snoiwng, which was nice. :d By the time I'd got back home, got changed and left the house again almost all the snow had melted though! PAH.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts