Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the forum and also running!

Doing this to lose weight and also to get fit and healthy. I've been following the weight watchers points diet for some time now, but was wondering if anyone could advise me on which kinds of foods would benefit me in running, and which to avoid!!

I want to lose 2 stone by xmas, and believe this is achievable, so, any advice? thanks ;)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
welcome to rf...
the main thing to rember with running is drink lots of water.. i read somewhere not to worry about diet at first as this will follow, and the increase in metabolism with burn more cals etc...

how long/ far are you managing to run atm?

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Welcome to the site.

2 stone by Xmas should not be a problem. Distance rather than speed is probably the key. You should not need to change your diet if you are already eating well. Just burning some more calories will help.

Get yourself some proper trainers and don't try to do to much to fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi beasty, well 1st run yesterday, 3 miles run walk in 40 minutes, so not far at the moment really, aching today...lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the site.

2 stone by Xmas should not be a problem. Distance rather than speed is probably the key. You should not need to change your diet if you are already eating well. Just burning some more calories will help.

Get yourself some proper trainers and don't try to do to much to fast.

Got some proper trainers, 1st thing i did, got measured etc.

Bit of a gadget freak, think gna get a garmin 405, make sure i do it then after spending that kinda money..lol

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
as Hrun says distance not speed.. but i think as/ when you can manage it... running for around an hour is about 1000cals.. of course this will depends on weight/ speed etc

also bear in mind that you will build muscle with running and muscle is denser than fat.. so bear that in mind when weighing your self

1 - 7 of 7 Posts