Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had just got into running and had started using a treadmill on rainy days. My right knee feels clicky and tight, when I straighten it it clicks and feels like I need to keep bending and straightening it until it clicks into place. It’s been an ongoing problem since I was 18 (now in my 40s).

I have tried testing for a few days but felt so good running. Anyone else had a Similar issue and kept running! I’m using an old treadmill and wondering if it was that that caused the issue or triggered an old injury to come to light.

I was just getting into this running lark and would be very upset to have to give up! Please give me hope.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I started getting knee aches, after a bit of research I found that it could be down to the IT Band and other tight muscles. What I now do is stretching and foam rolling, I have found this has helped speed up the recovery process, and maybe limiting other injuries as well.

Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I had just got into running and had started using a treadmill on rainy days. My right knee feels clicky and tight, when I straighten it it clicks and feels like I need to keep bending and straightening it until it clicks into place. It’s been an ongoing problem since I was 18 (now in my 40s).

I have tried testing for a few days but felt so good running. Anyone else had a Similar issue and kept running! I’m using an old treadmill and wondering if it was that that caused the issue or triggered an old injury to come to light.

I was just getting into this running lark and would be very upset to have to give up! Please give me hope.
You will probably find that you have an issue relating to patella tracking, though that could be caused by something lower or higher up in the chain. I would not be too disheartened and it is something that can usually be fairly easily resolved, though you might need to see somebody in the first instance to check the actual cause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts