Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

I've always bought and used Lucozade Sport when training for a long period but recently I'd heard that you should avoid these sports drinks as they rot your teeth. I've had a good look on the net to try to find any relevant information but all it says is drink it straight from the fridge, don't swill it in your mouth (not that I would anyway!) and brush your teeth after use.

Has anybody else heard anything about these drinks? Should we really not be using them at all?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
They're full of sugar, but not more so than Coke or any other pop. I wouldn't worry about it too much. I certainly don't carry my toothbrush on long runs.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Pukeazade sport is awfull.
Try some of the drinks you can buy in sports shops.
SIS go is good as is the Powerbar one.
Make sure you swallow them quickly and don't swill them around your mouth as they will rot your teeth big time!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What about one of the maximuscle products, www.maximuscle.com, I use promax diet, as I am trying to loose weight, but they do loads of different sports drinks, viper and recovermax are what you probably should look at, altough they are much more expensive than Lucozade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts