Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out tonight deciding to push myself a little and I found it much easier to do my usual route and managed to jog most of it without stopping to walk so much. It used to take me 30 minutes to go the 1.5 miles down the trailway and back but I can do it in 25! yay!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Congratulations. Sounds like you are almost ready to run continuously. I remember the first time I ran for 30 minutes. It is a great feeling.

Keep it up. :)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well done! Hope you keep improving and reaching your goals :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this rate I'll be flying round the Race for Life course next year!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Delight in these moments!!! They are fantastic moments which can become rarer as your training increases but they do keep coming don't worry. Good work and be proud :D

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
nice one, keep up the good work :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went out again tonight in shocking weather (that rain aint gonna beat me!) and I managed almost two miles in 33 minutes. I jogged most of it and am determined to be able to go a whole mile without stopping soon!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I went out again tonight in shocking weather (that rain aint gonna beat me!) and I managed almost two miles in 33 minutes. I jogged most of it and am determined to be able to go a whole mile without stopping soon!
Thats brilliant, if you ran/walked 2 miles you may have inadvertently run for 1 mile during it :)

I have to admit the treadmill was appealing today.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats brilliant, if you ran/walked 2 miles you may have inadvertently run for 1 mile during it :)

I have to admit the treadmill was appealing today.
You're right I probably did! I jogged about 3/4 of the route towards the bridge and walked the rest of the way. Then I jogged back and had to stop again half way back. I cant wait for the day I go out without walking at all!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Trust me it won't be long, keep at it :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
it'll soon happen :) Maybe try using a different route... sometimes a change of scenery can work well for the mind and help you run further without noticing!

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's nice when things start to fall into place with training. all the hard work suddenly starts to pay off. I think I take for granted sometimes how hard it really was in the beginning just to run for a mile steadily. It took me a long time, my lungs, my weight and everything. Keep it up and you'll soon have miles and miles behind you:)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You're right I probably did! I jogged about 3/4 of the route towards the bridge and walked the rest of the way. Then I jogged back and had to stop again half way back. I cant wait for the day I go out without walking at all!
That day is probably closer than you think!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it'll soon happen :) Maybe try using a different route... sometimes a change of scenery can work well for the mind and help you run further without noticing!
Good idea, theres a route that goes in a circle near home and door to door its exactly 2 miles, I'm planning to do that tonight for a change and see how far I can get. I'm going to go for for it tonight as I need to burn off all the cake I had earlier!

This route has the added bonus of being a little hilly in places too which really will test me! Wish me luck!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
wish you luck and report back :d

1 - 20 of 31 Posts