Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some young man was stabbed to death on a street in Granton, Edinburgh on Tuesday evening. I run through that area regularly. It's really weird and scary when you read about something like this happening literally a couple of miles from your house. I heard Granton can be a bit rough, but I didn't expect random murders there.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I don't live in a particularly rough area - but it is on a route the pub goers use.

One morning a few years ago I walked out of my front door practically onto a crime scene - there was police tape and one of those evidence tents, and a copper told me to go back inside (I was supposed to be going to work!) - there had been a "serious incident" - turned out it was a murder, a pub fight that went too far...

It's always a bit of a shock when it happens right on your doorstep (literally in my case!) :((

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I don't actually run through the streets there, but I do run through the industrial area by the shore to get to Crammond etc. I've never had any problems, but then again I don't run there late at night and there are plenty of cyclists and runners on my route.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I reckon running via the industrial area to Crammond would be fine. Some how I doubt this was an innocent man minding his own business that got stabbed.....
O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
about 2 years ago a Nurse was stabbed to death in the Country Park I run in, she was standing outside the back entrance of the hospital which leads to the park and it happened there, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time having a smoke, the guy has been caught and wasn't all the ticket, he had left evidence everywhere, the area I live in is nice but that doesn't mean anything, you just have to be careful.

TT :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Some young man was stabbed to death on a street in Granton, Edinburgh on Tuesday evening. I run through that area regularly. It's really weird and scary when you read about something like this happening literally a couple of miles from your house. I heard Granton can be a bit rough, but I didn't expect random murders there.
Do you know what the reason for the stabbing was?

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently, he was walking in the street at 10.30pm with his gf and her two children (toddlers) when three men approached them. One pulled out a knife and stabbed him. He died in hospital. The police are saying it was an unprovoked attack. But the newspaper did mention that the victim had recently appeared in court on supply of drug charges, so don't know if it may have been gang related, but the Police don't seem to be saying that. All very bizarre.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
whatever the reason still not a nice experience :(

·
Registered
664 Posts
I live in the east end of Glasgow, and this sort of thing isn't uncommon. But it's very, very rarely a random/innocent victim, usually drug or street gang related.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts