Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I'm thinking next year I definitely want to do a marathon... but which one? Thing is... if I don't enter NOW whilst I'm feeling positive, I'll never get around to it. I know I don't want to do the London marathon - might as well go somewhere interesting! So... ideas ideas ideas... pwease!! Maybe the year after a 50 miler... hahaha... ha... *wonders about sanity*.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Nice one, A_N_S :) Looking at your mileage and motivation I think that's a really good thing to do :d

Paris makes for a nice marathon, or loads in Eastern Europe. Prague in may is supposed to be nice

If you're feeling really motivated, you could put in for one this autumn... Amsterdam in October is pretty groovy, and a nice flat course...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrmm, it's not motivation for doing on this year that's an issue - it's money and time heh, as with most things. And I'm doing three halfs this year anyway, so was thinking middleish of the year next year would be ideal... april-october would be good... keep the ideas coming! (thanks for those so far...)

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
My friend did the Loch Ness marathon last year and she said it was a blast. I think it's around September/October

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Was going to try and get there too, Mr Leece is Dutch so gives me an excuse to try and do the Half and at same time possibly see the in laws

:p

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
yeah got them everywhere :p

Chicago, Amsterdam yada yada

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nah only one thank god.

Twas a joke Steve

*going home now ready for 5m race :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
This blog has a few marathon-realted posts, and Iliked this one about alternative marathons
http://www.runflux.com/blog/2007/10/16/an-alternative-top-ten-world-marathon-races/
One poster nominated Amsterdam, which I have done and thought was pretty good. Have done barcelona, and wished I'd just gone for a weekend break withoiut the marathon - most of it seemed to go out into dull suburbs and industrial areas...
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts