Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you eat during a marathon?
If yes, what do you eat? And how much of it?
I only take water so I need to get the minerals and carbohydrates from another source...

:confused:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Are you sure your not running on rocket fuel already... ;)

Have you tried carb gels, the power bar brand (with caffine) have had a very good right up, in a recent runnersworld mag, and they should provide you with everything you need to get through, although some how I'm not so sure you need them.

TT

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Granty said:
I run with Jelly Babies in the pockets - seems to work for me.
I've used Jelly Babies too - in fell races like the Three Peaks - but never used anything in a marathon. When I ran 'London' there was Isostar, as well as water, from 15 miles onwards so I made use of that to get some minerals back into the system. In a fell race there are invariably bits you have to walk, which makes eating easier. But trying to eat while maintaining a steady pace, as in a marathon, can upset your breathing pattern.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
SiS go gels are isotonic and you can take them without drinking water. You'll probably need to stop or at least slow down to take one

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
No food on the run for me...just water and isotonic drinks.
Pasta the night before a marathon and a banana or two before going to bed is all I'll eat until after the race is done.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm... thanks guys :)
I guess I will experiment with some things before the next big one.

Twinkle T, rocket fuel? Me? hihihi ;)

Congratulations Mr Chairman :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Let us know about your experiments and what works/doesn't for you.

Cheers....now got to think of ways to keep 'em keen!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts