Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Does anyone have any good diet plans for marathon training or be able to point me in the right direction? Before big runs i will carb up etc and keep it light when needed ahead of any runs. However i think i do eat the wrong things sometimes or at least not eat them at the right times. When looking at plans online they will map out days of the week but do not really detail what to have the day of a run and the day of recovery for example...or if certain meals are to be before a run or after.

Maybe i am over analysing it but just dont feel like i eat as well as i should when running.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
811 Posts
Does anyone have any good diet plans for marathon training or be able to point me in the right direction? Before big runs i will carb up etc and keep it light when needed ahead of any runs. However i think i do eat the wrong things sometimes or at least not eat them at the right times. When looking at plans online they will map out days of the week but do not really detail what to have the day of a run and the day of recovery for example...or if certain meals are to be before a run or after.
Assuming you're not trying to lose weight it's very simple:

• Eat a normal, healthy balanced diet.
  • If you're running for more than a couple of hours, take some fuel of some kind. Experiment to find what you like.
  • After a long run, get some protein in you to help with recovery. Milk or specific recovery drinks are an easy way, but it doesn't matter where it comes from.
You will crave what you need and you're not going to need much in the way of extra food until quite late in the plan.

You can make it more complicated than that and you can stress over every tiny little detail if you want to, but there's really no need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts