Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I've been training for a few months now ahead of the London Marathon which may or may not go ahead in October. So far I am up to 14 miles max distance. Today I went out for a pretty standard slow and steady 12 miles and I barely got 2 miles in before I had to stop and walk back home! 馃槴 I noticed every time my right foot struck the ground, I had a shooting pain through my thigh and up to my hip. Although I was not in agony, it certainly caused enough discomfort to stop me carrying on with my run. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I take a few days off to rest? It's difficult to know if this is just an effect of overtraining or the beginning of an injury. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Registered
It's not a normal effect of training, it sounds more like a nerve problem, ie an injury. Beyond that I can't comment. Give it a rest for a bit.

Reactions: agp1988

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, appreciate your answer. Funnily enough I do have a history of having a trapped nerve in the same leg, might have to get it checked out 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, just curious how the injury is going?!
Hi there! So far so good! I took a few days rest (along with lots of stretching and foam rolling! 馃槴) and attempted a 5k to see how it would go and although the pain was still there (very mildly) I managed it just fine. Fast forward a few days and I managed to run 15k with little to no discomfort.

I do think it was an effect of upping my training over the last couple of months in readiness for the London Marathon, which was cancelled yesterday anyway! Boo!

Registered
Wow, that's awesome that your injury seems to be all healed up!

It definitely sucks that the London Marathon was cancelled for you though! At least it takes some of the pressure off so that you can heal properly though! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts