Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there doing this the 3rd Marston Forest 5k?? It promises PBs as it is classed as a flat course. I will be popping over there next weekend to check it out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Steve,
The Marston 5k is on the 22nd of this month but looking at the web site they have less than 100 runners this year!
I'm hoping for a personal best as it is a flat course.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, to be honest there is little forest there at the moment as it is still being planted. The route is on gravel tracks (that are suitalbe for wheelchair use) and on grass. It is a little hard under foot sometimes but no worse than running on the pavement.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Steve I've done my first official 5k, I managed a time of 30.14 by my watch.
Feel pretty good now and none of the old niggly pains or cramps. I'm looking forward to the R4L in a month and then I guess it's upping the training for 10Ks later in the year.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
mickygee said:
Well Steve I've done my first official 5k, I managed a time of 30.14 by my watch.
Feel pretty good now and none of the old niggly pains or cramps. I'm looking forward to the R4L in a month and then I guess it's upping the training for 10Ks later in the year.
Well done Mickey.

There will be no stopping you now

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Dave,

I'm off out with the club on Tuesday and I think it's time to start pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well done Mickey thats a really good time i did my first 5k in 33mins so you done great. I'm the same i need to push myself out of my comfort zone, ive registered for my first
10k in Sept so i need to step it up a notch or two.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Stotty,
Most of the people in my club are doing a 10k in October so I have a little longer to train but just set your heart on finishing in a good time for yourself and the rest will follow. I have put my 5k medal where I can see it all the time as a bit of encouragement and as a reminder that you can do something if you try hard enough.
Good luck for September and let us know how you get on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts