Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
new to the forums here:) but just wondering whether or not theres a gadget that measures how far you've ran by counting your steps or something? Because basically Im doing a lot of runnin for pre-season football training(hills mostly) and I would like to know how far I'm actually running?

Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You could try a pedometer, problem with this if you are doing hills is that your stride length will alter over running with on the flat, so distance will be innacurate.

Yuo could also try a time/distance watch, like a garmin forerunner. But as you are only running for pre season training I would say it\'s an expensive option.

Alternatively you could just map your route and get a reasonable measurement for your route. Do a google search for gmap pedometer, it\'s a map where you can mark a route on and it will tell you the distance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You Could try www.gmap-pedometer.com or Google Earth, I use both. If you have a bike with a speedo and it's possible you could cycle the route first. As a last resort or if you run on the road use the car for a rough idea.
Also as Hammerite suggested and if you have a couple of hundred quid going spare you could buy a garmin forerunner watch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts