Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
up early so I could have my brekkie, getting ready soon to head over to Bellahouston Park - conditions appear good,and I'm especially glad the wind of the last couple of days has died away, quite calm now, so looking for a pb.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
waiting for chip time tomorrow, but by my own watch 44:45, which at least was the sub-45 I wanted, but feel I could have done better, can't quite put my finger on why I didn't - still not complaining at a pb :d

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well done Carlton, good time, you should be pleased with that, don't think I will ever make that sort of time. Was it a PB course?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bagpuss. the course started in one park, out onto the streets, then through another park, back to the streets, then finishing in the first park. apart from the start which is very cramped it is definitely a pb course, pretty level, probably why i felt I could have done a little better - still as I said I can't really complain at another pb, onwards and upwards.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thats brill im going to try get 46mins sun in 10k but route has just short mile long hilll thinkibg im dreaming to get that time oh well hayley

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`ve havn`t managed a sub 50min in my three 10k races to date.

Sunday is meant to be a tough course,but you never know.

Well done carlton on the sub 45.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well done calton.A good time.Im always the same after a race...you always think you could have done better but heh its done now .well done.I think my next 10k will be Linlithgow.
Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah Mr Red, local to Linlithgow? I myself am from the glorious royal burgh... Do you know any good routes in the area? I've been around the loch til I'm dizzy! Canal can be a bit boring. Did you run the Dechmont trail race 10K last weekend?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
dave think it will be a hard one sunday went up to horndon yesterday, the hills about 3/4 mile long so its not going to be easy, whatever the time i do will be my first.
Im trying to put hills in my training but i dont really know how ill do till the day GOOD LUCK TO YOU, ill be going off after for a nice meal at orsett golf club get drunk i think....

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
hayley1977 said:
dave think it will be a hard one sunday went up to horndon yesterday, the hills about 3/4 mile long so its not going to be easy, whatever the time i do will be my first.
Im trying to put hills in my training but i dont really know how ill do till the day GOOD LUCK TO YOU, ill be going off after for a nice meal at orsett golf club get drunk i think....

Well I don't hold out much hope myself just got back off of holiday and done zero running until this morning, and I don't much like the sound of that hill :eek: Good luck on Sunday

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gosh, a whole year has passed, doesnt seem like it ! Anyway back @ Bellahouston this morning for this years race. 45:24, bit slower than last year, but still happy enough, especially as my left hamstring has taken to playing up around the 5k mark in my last two races. Think I need to get back to some hill work for strengthening, I've missed that for the last few months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts