Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for multiple post, but thought I should post in this thread too.

I really enjoyed this phone at first, buying it the week it first became available. Once I'd found my way around the phone's various "phone" functions, I started to try out the miCoach side of it. The miCoach Web site was pretty good to begin with and has been updated a few times too.

But, and this is a big but if you commit to a miCoach training programme, the HR sensor that came with the phone just died one day. It was fine on a Thursday morning, and dead on the Saturday. New batteries and resetting of the phone did not help. I was given a replacement but after six weeks (again on a Saturday morning) it got very temperamental. It didn't work that Saturday, but did on Sunday's run, before going on to die completely the following week.

Samsung support suggestions have been largely unhelpful, with different staff making different, often contradictory suggestions, none of which worked and some of which sounded like the customer service staff member was making it up on the spot.

Poor reliability, and very poor service. I was eventually promised a replacement, which never arrived, and I had to badger Samsung again, who insisted on taking me through yet more useless suggestions to correct the problem with the broken one I had. Finally, they have sent another. Unfortunately, I'm injured at the moment (not running-related) and so have not tried out sensor number three, but I am very disillusioned with the Samsung product and for the past couple of months have gone back to using my old phone.

(I really was enjoying the incentive the miCoach system and online interface was giving me. So disappointing.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts